What is an elaboration in writing?
- What is an elaboration in writing?
- What is another word for elaboration?
- How do you use elaboration in a sentence?
- Is elaborating a word?
- How do you use fastidious in a sentence?
- Can phrases be found in a sentence?
- How many idioms are in English?
- Is When Pigs Fly an idiom?
- Did the cat bite your tongue tinder?
- How do you respond to cat got your tongue?
- What is the cat that got the cream?
- How do you elaborate ideas in writing?
- What is elaborate in a sentence?
- What does copious mean?
- How much is copious?
- Does copious have a negative connotation?
- Can you say copious amounts?
- What is a copious amount of water?
- What is copious bleeding?
- Can you bleed heavy and still be pregnant?
- How much bleeding is OK in early pregnancy?
- Can you bleed a lot and still be pregnant?
- Is bleeding a sign of twin pregnancy?
What is an elaboration in writing?
Elaboration is the process of presenting and developing an idea. Elaboration is also adding more detail to better explain what has already been said. In Informational, elaboration means to explain the main idea in depth using key details that also describe or develop the topic.
What is another word for elaboration?
In this page you can discover 22 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for elaboration, like: discussion, intricacy, refinement, articulation, contextualisation, characterization, comment, amplification, elaborateness, involution and enlargement.
How do you use elaboration in a sentence?
Elaboration in a Sentence ?
- Elaboration on the topic will help me better understand what it takes to complete an electrical circuit.
- The woman was given a simple pink slip with no further elaboration or reasoning for why she was fired.
Is elaborating a word?
e·lab·o·rate adj. 1. Planned or executed with painstaking attention to numerous parts or details: an elaborate scheme.
How do you use fastidious in a sentence?
- He was fastidious about his appearance.
- He is very fastidious about how a suitcase should be packed.
- Everything was planned in fastidious detail.
- She wasn’t very fastidious about personal hygiene.
- He was fastidious in his preparation for the big day.
Can phrases be found in a sentence?
Phrases are groups of words that act as a part of speech but cannot stand alone as a sentence. The words in a phrase act together so that the phrase itself functions as a single part of speech. A sentence expresses a complete thought and contains a subject (a noun or pronoun) and a predicate (a verb or verb phrase).
How many idioms are in English?
Is When Pigs Fly an idiom?
“When pigs fly” is an adynaton, a way of saying that something will never happen. The phrase is often used for humorous effect, to scoff at over-ambition.
Did the cat bite your tongue tinder?
‘ cat / cat’s got your tongue: an expression that is used when someone is quiet and isn’t talking or responding when you expect them to. It isn’t clear exactly where this idiom originated but it’s obvious that it would be difficult to speak if a cat did get your tongue!
How do you respond to cat got your tongue?
Cat got your tongue?-What to say when you don’t know what to say
- What makes you ask that?
- What makes you say that?
- I’ll have to get back to you on that.
- I need to take some time and think about it.
- That’s not going to work for me.
- I wish I had said that differently.
- What do you want to have happen right now?
What is the cat that got the cream?
—used to say that someone looks very proud or satisfied about something he or she has done After pointing out his teacher’s mistake, he smiled like the cat that got the cream.
How do you elaborate ideas in writing?
Illustrate: provide a specific example that shows your idea in practice. Describe Literally: write about the subject’s qualities/elements in concrete language. Describe Figuratively: write about the subject’s qualities/elements nonliterally (e.g. metaphor, simile, personification, etc.)
What is elaborate in a sentence?
marked by complexity and richness of detail 2. developed or executed with care and in minute detail. 1. It was all an elaborate pretence.
What does copious mean?
yielding something abundantly
How much is copious?
large in quantity or number; abundant; plentiful: copious amounts of food.
Does copious have a negative connotation?
Sometimes copious can have negative connotations, of being too much or too detailed. If you say someone took copious notes, it may suggest that they may have been more detailed than necessary and wasted some time. Cornucopia is a noun, unlike the other words that are adjectives.
Can you say copious amounts?
Yes, as suzi has suggested, “copious amounts of… ” is used as a synonym for “large amounts of…”, and I’ve in fact come across it used just as a more elegant way of saying “lots of…”.
What is a copious amount of water?
1 abundant; extensive in quantity. 2 having or providing an abundant supply. 3 full of words, ideas, etc.; profuse.
What is copious bleeding?
(Entry 1 of 2) 1 medical : a copious or heavy discharge of blood from the blood vessels a cerebral hemorrhage postpartum hemorrhage stop the hemorrhage.
Can you bleed heavy and still be pregnant?
It’s best to follow up with your healthcare provider about any unusual uterine bleeding, especially if it’s on the heavier side or is accompanied by clots. If you’re already pregnant and experiencing what seems like implantation bleeding, you may just be experiencing a fairly common symptom in early pregnancy.
How much bleeding is OK in early pregnancy?
You may experience some spotting when you expect to get your period. This is called implantation bleeding and it happens around six to 12 days after conception as the fertilized egg implants itself in your womb. This bleeding should be light — perhaps lasting for a couple of days, but it’s perfectly normal.
Can you bleed a lot and still be pregnant?
You may experience some normal spotting within the first six to 12 days after you conceive as the fertilized egg implants itself in the lining of the uterus. Some women don’t realize they are pregnant because they mistake this bleeding for a light period.
Is bleeding a sign of twin pregnancy?
5: Spotting may be more common during twin pregnancies. “When you spot in the first trimester, you could be undergoing a miscarriage, and miscarriages are more common in mothers of twins, triplets, and quadruplets — so we see more spotting in first trimester with multiples,” Al-Khan says.